Who’s Joe Contest Details
Our name presents a chance to tell two important stories:
Who’s Edgar? … Dr. Edgar J. Helms founded Goodwill in 1902, setting in motion a social agency founded on the premise of offering a ‘hand up’ instead of a ‘hand out’. His initiative spawned a 100 plus year-old movement at the forefront of job creation and recycling.
Who’s Joe? … The ‘Who’s Joe?’ campaign is a contest delivered to highlight one of our very important social purposes.
“Who’s Joe?” Contest Entry
ENTER TODAY FOR A CHANCE TO WIN FREE COFFEE FOR A YEAR!*
*Enter the contest below for your chance to win a free, small coffee (or premium tea) daily, from Edgar and Joe’s Cafe for a year!
1. Joe makes up almost 20 percent of the population of Canada.
2. Joe is almost 5x more likely to experience precarious/vulnerable employment than other workers.
3. The cost of education and training can make it difficult for Joe to learn skills to be competitive in the labour market.
4. Joe is 3.3x more likely to not be paid if they miss a day of work compared to other workers.
5. Joe is 3.6x more likely to NOT receive dental and medical benefits from employers than other workers.
6. In a digital economy, Joe is more likely to adopt new technologies.
7. Joe can access personal supports, resume building and job skills training at organizations like Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes and YOU.